A Carnival fit for a King
What a day! Our KDS family came together at King’s Carnival for the first time since 2019, showcasing the warm community spirit of our school. Heartfelt thanks to the KDSPA, Carnival Committee and the army of parent, staff and student volunteers who made this day happen.
With delicious food, rides, sideshow games, fun arts and crafts activities, an entertaining stage show and plenty of bargains in the retail area, King’s Carnival provided entertainment for the whole family.
Thank you also to our major sponsors, Gary Peer and Bayside European, to those in our community who donated towards the Silent Auction, who baked for our Sweet Tooth stall, donated second hand books and clothing and who came along on the day to support this important fundraiser for the School.
Some Trivia from King’s Carnival:
- There were 90 different bakers who contributed to the Sweet Tooth stall
- 80% of the Carnival Committee were brand new to the role and 60% had never even been to a King’s Carnival before!
- Pumpkins and Potatoes grown and harvested by our own Junior School students were sold at our Kibbutz stall
- Our new hit Jaffa Smasher game in Sideshow Alley was handmade by Senior School and Nitzan Teacher Tom Skinner at home (thanks Tom!)
- A record nine awesome teachers took a seat in the Dunk-A-Teacher tank and were soaked in freezing cold water for the love of the School (we love you guys!)
- There were 544 lollies in the jar in Sideshow Alley and Zach (Year 3) guessed 545 and won the lollies (closest guess!) (Fun fact, Zach also won the guess the M&Ms in the jar at Purim this year – special hidden talent!)
- It was the quickest pack up ever with so many parent and teacher volunteers, we were all locked up by 6:15pm (that could be a record!)
Thank you to everyone involved!