The School is now ready to embark on its most significant and exciting building project in its 35 plus year history. The sale of the Kooyong Rd site has been secured and we can now turn our attention to the construction phase of the project! Construction will commence in early 2015.
The project will provide state of the art facilities to create a modern educational environment with flexible learning spaces. This will also assist with the ongoing financial security of the School and allow it to retain its premium location in Armadale, at the heart of Melbourne’s Jewish community.
Orrong Road Site
The new Orrong Road site will house Year 6 – Year 12. The small school groupings will continue with the sub groupings of: Year 6 – Year 8, Year 9 – Year 12.
New three storey purpose built Senior School
- New purpose built building at the front of the School to house Year 9-12.
- New Science Technology Centre.
- New Year 11 and 12 study area.
- The Michele Bernshaw Senior School Resources Centre.
- Renovated mansion for Year 6 – Year 8.
- Renovated cafeteria.
Dandenong Road Site
The new Dandenong Road site will house Kindergarten – Year 5. The School has purchased adjacent land to the current property to increase the size of this campus. The small school groupings will continue with the sub groupings of: Kindergarten, Prep – Year 2, Year 3 – Year 5.
Front of Dandenong Road converted into active playspace.
- New purpose built 3 and 4 year old Kindergartens.
- New underground car parking facility and drop off bays.
- New play spaces designed with a combination of open space and smaller, more intimate conversation areas.
- Renovated historical mansion building to create optimum learning environment for primary school students.
New purpose built Kindergarten
Flexible learning spaces
Please note that there is no change to the Alma Road Pre-School Centre and it will continue to operate in its current format.
Building Works program
The proposed building works program will commence with the demolition of the front building at Orrong Rd followed by the construction of the new Senior School Centre. These works will commence in early 2015 and are expected to take between 9 to 12 months to be completed. In addition 2015 will also see works commence on the Denbigh Rd property with the construction of the new Kindergarten.
Further information will be made available over the next few months with regard to the next phase of the project.
Science labs redeveloped and linked to external courtyard leading to design technology centre