Thanks to the generous support of our Donors which has enabled us to offer a number of Derech Eretz awards to new students entering The King David School in 2020. Derech Eretz can be described as one who consistently demonstrates common decency, or high emotional and interpersonal intelligence.
Derech Eretz Scholarships are open to non-enrolled students who are entering Years 6,8,10 and 11 in 2020.
All applicants must submit an online Scholarship application made directly to The King School as well as an application directly to Edutest. . Applications close on Friday 9 February 2019 and the Scholarship exam is Sunday 24 February 2019.
Derech Eretz Scholarship Application requirements:
- submit copies of the 2 most recent school reports (part of KDS online application).
- most recent Naplan results (part of KDS online application).
- complete the King David online application HERE
- register with Edutest (link to Edutest will be provided once an online application has been made to The King David School)
- an interview with the Principal, Marc Light.
- you are encouraged to attend a Discovery Tour. Please click here for bookings.
Once the Admissions Department has received your application, you will be invited to attend an interview with Principal, Marc Light.
If you have any questions about the Scholarship please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions department on 9527 0102 or email@example.com For more information about Edutest please refer to their website: www.edutest.com.au
Are you eligible to apply?
Derech Eretz can be described as one who consistently demonstrates common decency, or high emotional and interpersonal intelligence.
Selection will be based on all-round talent and will take into account some or all of the following:
- a combination of high academic, sporting, performing arts and community service achievements
- successful applicants will need to demonstrate good work habits, a willingness to pursue excellence and a history of positive student interactions.
Partial tuition fees with varying value dependent on the talents of the applicant. Derech Eretz Scholarships do not cover:
- the cost of books, stationery or uniforms
- consolidated charge/security
- discretionary charges such as overseas trips.
Tenures vary but generally holders are expected to complete their secondary education at The King David School.
Derech Eretz Scholarship holders are expected to:
- maintain a high standard of achievement in the areas of endeavour for which you were awarded the scholarship
- contribute positively and enthusiastically to School life. Progress and contribution to School life are reviewed annually.